Subject: Re: Problems with samba printing after upgrading to 2.0_BETA
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2004 01:06:55
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

>    David>  	After upgrading two machines from 1.6.2 to 2.0_BETA I
>    David>  	find they are no longer able to accept print jobs via
>    David>  	samba. Tried samba2 and samba3. As anextra datapoint
>    David>  	samba will no longer cleanly '/etc/rc.d/samba
>    David>  	restart'. Is anyone else seeing anything similar?
>
> Hmm, I'm running samba 3.0.4 flawlessly on several
> {i386,sparc}/netbsd-{2.0_BETA,current} systems, incl. samba print
> spooling.
>
> What kind of error (messages) do you see?

 	Arrg... I upgraded to samba3 and had problems with an old
 	config file which created a netbios alias of 'print' to hold
 	all the printers. In removing that I lost the 'printing = BSD'
 	from the config file and all my further tests were with the
 	broken file.

 	Now all fixed - apologies for the noise.
--
 		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --