Subject: Freeze while access to floppy and hd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2004 18:49:42
Hi all,

today, my machine freezed twice in the same situation.  I was copying a
file to a floppy disk, using hcopy.  While this was going on, I also ran
"pkg_comp makeroot".  When the build of the chroot reached the stage
where /dev is populated, the machine froze completely (and it's
reproduceable).

The second time I was able to enter ddb and tried to do a 'sync'.  It
failed, as it started saying "viaide0:0:1 lost interrupt" multiple times.
Had to reboot the machine "the hard way".  After rebooting, fsck finds
multiple errors, and all the files extracted by pkg_comp (before MAKEDEV
is run) are gone.

Doing both things separately worked properly.

Has anybody found similar problems? (or can try to reproduce)?

FWIW, I've also experienced several lockups when the daily script is run.
I guess they may be related, too.

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>