Subject: Re: questions about pf import
To: Peter Postma <peter@pointless.nl>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2004 11:50:07
Peter Postma wrote:
> Now that itojun seems to be done with importing pf (thanks), I've two
> questions:
>
> 1) Why was authpf(8) not imported? I believe it's part of pf.

   I see this was fixed last night.  Excellent.  But, I notice
two groups were added to etc/group.  Both "auth" and "authpf".
Does authpf(8) need there to be two different groups on the
system to run properly?!?

> 2) Why was spamd(8) imported? It isn't really part of pf (it even works
>    without running pf). I think that this would be better to have in
>    pkgsrc (it's currently in wip/spamd).

   I agree with this as well.  I think someone else asked
this same question.  Why did spamd get approved for import
into the core tree?  It's way less "core" in my opinion
than many other things should be, that are in pkgsrc.  And,
you don't need it at all to use pf, so...

                         - Chris