Subject: Re: src/etc/etc.i386/Makefile.inc problem MKISOFS_FLAGS?
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2004 00:29:08
--MET8MpPxp2u2c48q

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:19:00AM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
  | >It's really not an urgent project; if you have an uptodate mkisofs
  | >from pkgsrc it works "right now".
  |=20
  |   Yeah, but that takes much wind out of the sails of saying
  | that you can cross-build from other operating systems.
  | "..if and only if you have a mkisofs that's new enough
  | installed on your host operating system.".  :-/

Please don't exaggerate the situation; you can cross build
a full release without mkisofs 2.0.  You just can't build a
bootable iso-image using the make targets in etc/Makefile.

build.sh doesn't even currently support building an ISO
image specifically because we don't have in-tree support
for creation of iso9660 file systems.

  |   I think it should be made at least a slightly higher priority.
  | I've been very much appriciating all the work that's already
  | been done to make the cross-building possible.  I'm kinda sad
  | to see this issue crop up to interfere...

I think that _I_ define what my priorities are regarding what to
work on in my own time for this _volunteer_ project.  Especially
for a minor feature request which has an easy workaround at this
time.

--MET8MpPxp2u2c48q

--MET8MpPxp2u2c48q--