Subject: successful build of netbsd-2-0 with X, after removing stray symlinks
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2004 10:50:00
In April, Hubert Feyrer noted on tech-x11 that building X via src/x11
lost in libexpat with error messages such as

/usr/cvs/xsrc/xfree/xc/lib/expat/xmlparse.c:96:21: xmlrole.h: No such file or directory

I had the same problem recently, compiling from NetBSD/i386 with
current from February, with targets sprac64 and sparc.

I found that I had symlinks in /usr/xsrc, presumably left over from a
native non-src/x11 build of xsrc.  These were from some dirs to C
files in other dirs, and I'm guessing that these caused some make
rules not to fire, or something like that.  I removed all the symlinks
from /usr/xsrc, removed the x11 part of my obj tree, and reran
"build.sh -x release" (with other goop), and got x sets for sparc64
(but haven't tried them yet).

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>