Subject: Re: src/etc/etc.i386/Makefile.inc problem MKISOFS_FLAGS?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2004 10:19:00
Luke Mewburn wrote:
> I was considering the benefits of incorporating all of the components
> of cdrecord (which mkisofs is part of) into the base ssytem,
> versus just having as a host tool only.

   Yeah, that makes sense, too, IMHO.  It's a base part of many/
most other operating systems.  But then again, so is perl, so
we can't that that as a reason to do it.  :-)

> It's really not an urgent project; if you have an uptodate mkisofs
> from pkgsrc it works "right now".

   Yeah, but that takes much wind out of the sails of saying
that you can cross-build from other operating systems.
"..if and only if you have a mkisofs that's new enough
installed on your host operating system.".  :-/

   I think it should be made at least a slightly higher priority.
I've been very much appriciating all the work that's already
been done to make the cross-building possible.  I'm kinda sad
to see this issue crop up to interfere...

                       - Chris