Subject: Re: FYI, sony gc82 egprs modem pc card
To: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2004 07:07:46
Harry Waddell wrote:
> FYI, in case anyone is thinking about trying to use a sony erricson GC82
> EGPRS modem card with netbsd, here's a taste of what you can expect.
>
> I borrowed one from a friend and found that although it seemed to answer,
> dial, etc from cu. Unfortunately, pppd and chat couldn't seem to communicate
> with the card. Even if they could, attempts to have pppd set the speed above
> 115200 seemed to fail, so it's scarcely better than my usb <=> phone
> solution which runs at 80-100kbs:

I'd be surprised if speeds above some 86kbs would be possible
with GPRS - I think that's max with 4+2 channels, at least.

> Jun 22 16:33:28 scimitar pppd[932]: tcsetattr: Invalid argument
>
> It doesn't seem to work now, at least for me, using -current, but someone
> more clueful than me could probably make it work if they spent more time on
> it.

What's your /etc/ppp/options file?

> --
> Harry Waddell
> Caravan Electronic Publishing

-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-