Subject: FYI, sony gc82 egprs modem pc card
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2004 17:29:20
FYI, in case anyone is thinking about trying to use a sony erricson GC82
EGPRS modem card with netbsd, here's a taste of what you can expect.

I borrowed one from a friend and found that although it seemed to answer,
dial, etc from cu. Unfortunately, pppd and chat couldn't seem to communicate
with the card. Even if they could, attempts to have pppd set the speed above
115200 seemed to fail, so it's scarcely better than my usb <=> phone
solution which runs at 80-100kbs:

Jun 22 16:33:28 scimitar pppd[932]: tcsetattr: Invalid argument

It doesn't seem to work now, at least for me, using -current, but someone
more clueful than me could probably make it work if they spent more time on
it.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing