Subject: Build on MP with -j_x_ issue
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2004 16:58:54
I'm trying to move my build environment to a 4-way i386 for builds.  I set
'-j4' as an arg for build.sh like:

===> build.sh command: /usr/src/build.sh -j4 -u -U -x -M /builds/sparc64/obj
-m sparc64 -D /builds/sparc64/dest -R /builds/sparc64/release -N 1 -T
/builds/sparc64/tools release

But there are times when I have to drop back to a uni-process build.  So I
kick it off with -j4 and when it dies, I'll rerun without that arg until it
gets past wherever it croaked, then kill the uni-build and restart with the
-j4.

How attentive to these issues should I be?  Should I be doing a trick like
doing a 'distribution' first with -j4 and then come back with the 'release'
without that arg?

Just curious I guess.

peter