Subject: Re: linux emulated binaries will load .so targets from current dir
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2004 12:21:19
--NU0Ex4SbNnrxsi6C

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:40:10PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> hmm. even though I don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, or a directory in ldco=
nfig
> precompiled hints, it looks like (for a linux emulated program, firefox) =
it
> will run against any .so target in the . dir.
>=20
> I just got et' by this, having a libc.so.6 in my $HOME, finding starroffi=
ce, www
> etc barfing. I thought it was an ld-config problem. (moving files between=
 systems,
> use desktop as common trustpoint to mv files)
>=20
> Is this just 'one of those things' which you don't do? I feel like I just
> shot myself in the foot with my new shiny toy gun..

Well, if you have the emulations set up right, you're using the Linux=20
dynamic linker. We don't really support that, nor know that much about how=
=20
it works. My first thought is that, while I'd not expect it, this behavior=
=20
may be standard Linux behavior. :-|

Sorry. Maybe someone else knows more.

Take care,