Subject: Re: cac/ld problems
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2004 09:44:45
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Chris Ross wrote:

>  Perhaps my complaint should be that disklabel doesn't warn
> you about this.  It didn't care at all.  Of course, IMHO, it
> shouldn't care, and should let you do whatever, which gets
> back to my belief that it's a bug that something is treating
> 'd' as if it's the whole disk (as most NetBSD people would
> expect), even when it's not (according to the disklabel, which
> should be the primary information source).  (*shrug*)

 	I think there is some merit in disklabel(8) warning about 'd'
 	being inside 'c' on appropriate ports. I cannot offhand think
 	of a reason why that would make sense... (I'm sure someone will
 	want to do it at some point, hence the warning and not a fatal
 	error :)

--
 		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --