Subject: linux emulated binaries will load .so targets from current dir
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/22/2004 16:40:10
hmm. even though I don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, or a directory in ldconfig
precompiled hints, it looks like (for a linux emulated program, firefox) it
will run against any .so target in the . dir.

I just got et' by this, having a libc.so.6 in my $HOME, finding starroffice, www
etc barfing. I thought it was an ld-config problem. (moving files between systems,
use desktop as common trustpoint to mv files)

Is this just 'one of those things' which you don't do? I feel like I just
shot myself in the foot with my new shiny toy gun..

-George