Subject: Re: cac/ld problems
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2004 13:57:09
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Perhaps not, but it's been this way for well over 10 years, and all of
> 386BSD's other descendents have the exact same "feature".

   I beg to differ.  BSD/OS has never thought anything like that.
Partition 'c' is the whole disk, and 'd' is never presumed to be
anything other than what you tell it.
   And while my familiarity with FreeBSD is limited, I don't have
any recollection of doing any such thing on this machine when
I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1.

   So, saying "it's been this way for well over 10 years" seems
a little pre-mature.  Can someone check to see when the partions
beyond 'h' were added to NetBSD?  I'd guess any presumtion about
'd' wasn't made until after that...

                                - Chris