Subject: cac/ld problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2004 10:24:33
   Hi.  I have a compaq running NetBSD HEAD (from about 4 days ago I
guess now) and I just noticed a problem with an ld device.  I have the
four SCSI disks in the machine connected to a Smart Array 3200 device
(which uses the cac driver).  The first pair of disks is a RAID 1
device, cut into two LUNs.  The second pair is a single-LUN RAID1.

   I have the OS installed on ld0, the first LUN of the first RAID1
pair.  I've seen no oddities.  However, I wanted to mount a new
filesystem, so I disklabel'd ld1, and set partitions on it.  I have
part 'c' for the whole disk, 'a' as the first 6 or so GB, and part 'd'
as the remaining 4ish GB.  After learning how to invoke/use disklabel,
this seems to work fine.  disklabel reports things that look just
fine.

   However, operations performed on ld1a and ld1d appear to both affect
ld1a.  If I try to mount both of them, two filesystems of the same
size with the same content will both mount.  If I mount one, unmount
it, then fsck the other, it reports it's last mount as the last mount
of the first filesystem.

   There's some sort of fairly severe problem here.  I'll be happy
to submit a send-pr on it, but I wanted to get some feedback about
what information I should include to make this the most useful.  Anyone
seen this sort of problem before?

                                 - Chris