Subject: Re: bin/25967: dump -a not continuing after end of media
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2004 08:34:24
--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 03:48:19PM +0200, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> May I suggest to use the "e" option? It will instruct "dump" to eject
> the tape once it is full.

Hm.  Ok, will try that, thanks for the pointer.

> Please try to enable early warning EOM behaviour with "mt -f /dev/rst0 eew 1"
> before the backup and see if that helps.

This didn't appear to make any difference in earlier tests; sorry, I
should have mentioned that in the PR.  I kicked off a pax to the same
tape with default eew settings last night, and this morning it's asked
me to change, so at least pax seems to DTRT.

--
Dan.

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k--