Subject: PR filed for coda symlink fix (vnode refcnt panic)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2004 09:36:41
I just filed kern/25963 with a fix to the coda symlink vnodeops.  A vnode
was being unrefed too many times and this would lead eventually after
a few symlink operations to a panic when the refcount got to zero and
it was unrefed.

This was all figured out a while ago on the 1.6 branch (thanks to
Bill Studenmund who helped me through the twisty maze of little
vnodeop locking rules), but didn't get applied to 1.6 or current.

The panics tend to happen when using pkgsrc/security/cfs with
ciphertext in coda, since cfs uses symlinks to store IVs for files and
they are created and deleted a lot.

I had been running with this fix under 1.6.2ish for a long time with
no problems, just lost on my notebook (with 1.6ZI), and after bringing
forward the patch the 1.6ZI machine seems ok.

So, I'd appreciate it if someone could commit this to current and get
it pulled up to netbsd-2-0.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>