Subject: Re: IPSEC disabled by default - why?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
From: None <carnivorous@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/2004 12:50:17
Probably because it's not very likely that the average NetBSD user
will need IPsec.  It also adds unnecessary bloat to the GENERIC kernel
and it's probably more important to include a lot device support in
GENERIC, rather than advanced networking features.  Uncommenting a few
lines in GENERIC will give you IPsec support, so I don't know if a
GENERIC.IPSEC file is really necessary.  Then again, it's called
"GENERIC" for a reason :)