Subject: Re: kern/25285: i386 MP panic: TLB IPI rendezvous failed (mask 1)
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2004 13:13:42
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:46:34 -0700 "Erik E. Fair" <fair@netbsd.org> wrote:
> 1. What interrupts were masked off by each CPU while that CPU was
> spinning while waiting for a lock? (offhand, one or more of them
> would appear to have masked off the TLB IPI...)

I don't know how to get this information.  How do I get this information?

> 2. What data structures were each of those CPUs attempting to
> manipulate behind each lock request? They might be separable into
> separate locks so that there isn't contention for the same big lock.

Ok, this I can do.  I'll get more details at the next panic

> At least the system didn't silently hang.

Ugh.  No kidding.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."