Subject: Recent -current release ISO fails to boot
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Schreckengost <mrpolitics@hotmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2004 01:42:55
Hello all,
    I have successfully managed to build / burn a release image of NetBSD
2.0E (sources updated around midnight on 06/08). Unfortunately, I am unable
to install from this CD because the kernel fails to boot. Everything goes
fine until I get the following lines (and then the system just hangs there).

... (previous kernel messages truncated) ...

boot device: fd0
root on md0a dumps on md0b
root file system type: ffs
warning: no /dev/console
init: Creating mfs /dev (373 blocks, 896 inodes)
printf: not found
printf: not found

These are the last few lines that I see ... if I can provide any more help,
just let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Mike