Subject: Re: raidframe: failed to allocate emergency buffer!
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Frank Kardel <Frank.Kardel@Acrys.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2004 09:04:42
Matthias Scheler wrote:

>In article <20040603050457.GA1580@pip.kardel.de>,
>	Frank Kardel <kardel@acm.org> writes:
>

>>Well, *grin*, what i have is 6 IDE disks with 200/250 GB. As amanda 2.4.2
>>currently cannot split a backup file between media i limit the file system
>>size to about 16-20GB.
>>

>That still doesn't explain why you need so many RAID sets. You are aware
>that you can partition RAID sets with "disklabel" just fine? My server
>e.g. has two RAID sets, one with 9 partitions and one 3 partitions on them.
>
>	Kind regards

Well, now that you mention it - i must have been really blind there :-[
- disklabeling the normal disks to the
max and not doing so on the raid devices - thanks for setting me stright
there. Nevertheless the blindness
had something good - I was made aware of "bacula" - so far it looks very
promising.

Anyhow the malloc failure in the raid setup code should be fixed to
leave a clean state after malloc failure.

Thanks
  Frank