Subject: Re: KDE kopete crashing with sources from 24 May 2004
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2004 20:57:10
On Thursday 03 June 2004 18:49, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrading NetBSD-current (i386) with src and pkgsrc from 24 May,
> the KDE application kopete crashes with the following error:
>
> MNG error 1029: Chunk out of sequence; chunk TERM; subcode 0:0
> _res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.
> KCrash: Application 'kopete' crashing...
>
> Is this a known issue?  If not, any hint about where to start looking is
> appreciated.

It also happens in psi.  And kopete only crashes when connecting to a
jabber server (all other protocols work fine).

This message is coming from libpthread/res_state.c, and I guess it's related
to the new resolver code in libc.  No idea how to fix/workaround it :(

Cheers

PS: Did anybody get a message I sent several hours ago to this list, talking
about this same thing?  I didn't...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>