Subject: Re: nfs bug?
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2004 16:59:31
--19uQFt6ulqmgNgg1

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:33:56AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > Actually, from looking at the logs, I think your rm command is messed u=
p,=20
> > or something's wrong in READDIR handling. You'll note that there is onl=
y=20
> > one READDIR call in your log. When I tested this, I got a READDIR on ea=
ch=20
> > directory.
> >=20
> > rm is supposed to look at everything and dive into directories. Either=
=20
> > info isn't getting back right to tell rm that "foo" is a directory, or =
rm=20
> > is ignoring that fact.
>=20
> my guess is, SFU always return nlink=3D=3D2 for directory and
> it confuses our fts.

Is there an RFC we can quote to Microsoft about this? Or is there an RFC=20
that we're not understanding right?

=46rom looking at the logs more, I see you're right and we're told that=20
nlink=3D=3D2 for ./foo (thus making ./foo/foo seem to disapear).

Take care,

Bill

--19uQFt6ulqmgNgg1

--19uQFt6ulqmgNgg1--