Subject: Re: wscons problem
To: Sascha Retzki <sascha.retzki@t-online.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2004 14:32:21
--GyRA7555PLgSTuth

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 06:01:04PM +0200, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> Am Di, 2004-06-01 um 20.36 schrieb Renaud M?trich:
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > having used etcupdate to update the various files in /etc, i must have=
=20
> > done a mistake while merging because now i don't have access to my 4=20
> > console logins anymore, but only the first one.
> > The /etc/wscons.conf file still looks good:
> > [...]
> > #screen 0       -       vt100
> > screen  1       -       vt100
> > screen  2       -       vt100
> > screen  3       -       vt100
> > [...]
> >=20
> > I can switch between the consoles, but i don't have the "login" screen=
=20
> > on the last 3 consoles.
> > Also, when i start X, i now have X on the second screen (Ctrl-Alt-F2)=
=20
> > (instead of the 5th screen previously).
>=20
> /etc/ttys ( afaik ) handles the login - programms ..

Note: X is now on a different virtual screen. Yes, /etc/ttys (and init)=20
control getting login onto the screens. But even if init hasn't started=20
getty on a virtual terminal, if it's been allocated, it will still show=20
up in the Ctrl-Alt- sequence.

I think the problem is that you (Renaud) either lost "wscons=3DYES" from=20
your rc.conf, or wscons startup changed somehow.

Take care,

Bill

--GyRA7555PLgSTuth

--GyRA7555PLgSTuth--