Subject: Re: total hang
To: Jaka Jejcic <jj@gnorw.net>
From: Paul Ripke <stix@stix.homeunix.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/2004 23:10:25
On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, at 17:27 Australia/Sydney, Jaka Jejcic
wrote:

>> If it happens in a somewhat high load phase, then I suggest you
>> monitor
>> your CPU temperature...
>>
>> Oh, and if you need to heat the box up a bit, I suggest compiling a
>> netbsd-current distro with all the sets ;)
>
> It would seem logical, but it happens on IBM TP T40 laptop (usualy even
> run on battery and low cpu speed) and is in no way connected to cpu
> load.
> It just happens while I surf the net!???

I have also seen a hard hang - while running vmware 3.2 from pkgsrc,
while running NetBSD 2.0 Beta. I haven't had a good chance to debug
the problem as yet; awkward having to use vnc to free up the console.

I'll sendpr as soon as I have backtraces and/or dumps.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA