Subject: tools fails
To: None <>
From: Bruce Buskill <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2004 09:16:09
Hi, I have for some time had no problem getting tools to work great.
I recently I have discovered when I try to run tools that I am given

===> command: ./ tools
===> started: Mon May 24 04:52:07 EDT 2004
===> No nonexistent/bin/nbmake, needs building.
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

ERROR: Configure of nbmake failed

I have done the following: removed /usr/src and pulled down a fresh tree, removed
and created /usr/obj again, logged in directly as root instead of using sudo as I
normally do. I get the results above everytime. I am sure it is some failure on my
part, and would be greatful for advice. Thanks.

Bruce Buskill