Subject: Re: HEADS UP: x11 configuration moved to /etc/X11
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/2004 21:53:57
--CD1rT0yj7A8qvce7

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 09:24:39PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

>     *	End-user configuration is now in /etc/X11 instead of
> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11, for the following subdirs:
> 		fs lbxproxy proxymngr rstart twm xdm xinit xserver xsm

Um. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but isn't this just gratuitously
different from other systems? I can't think of any system off the top
of my head where I'd expect to find those in /etc.

I can think of good reasons for this change, but I can also see it leading
to some confusion.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us   https://bliss.dyndns.=
org
 "...duty is heavier that a mountain, while death is lighter than a feather=
."

--CD1rT0yj7A8qvce7

--CD1rT0yj7A8qvce7--