Subject: Re: Timeout message from bge(4)
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2004 15:37:01
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:29:33PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> So it was broken? Was that a 3Com 3C996B-T or another BCM 570x based card?

I think it was a 3Com 3C996B-T -- BCM 5701-based.  I have it around
here somewhere.  Worked in x86, failed on an XScale.  It just never
seemed to get any interrupts, if I recall correctly.  A lot of the
initialization is done by writing to the card, so it was hard to
see how much of that was actually working.  I think I could assign
an address to the card, but it would soon start getting timeouts,
fail to stop properly, and just be pretty hosed.  As I recall, I
put some code to printf() to the console in the interrupt routine
and never saw those.  I also seem to recall that calling the
interrupt routine from the timeout was not fruitful, either, but
I'm not so sure about that anymore.  It's been a while since I
played with it.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/