Subject: Re: cd0(rccide0:0:0): non-media hardware failure
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2004 11:35:32
Thomas T. Thai wrote:

> RE: i386
>
> [...]
> cd0(rccide0:0:0): non-media hardware failure
> [...]
> It's not the hardware, not the CDROM disc, could it be a driver problem?

I tried this on the latest snap from 5/10 and still got the same error.
More info on the CD-ROM drive:

cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E, ,3.7C> cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive support PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
cd0(rccide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA  mode 2
(Ultra/33) (using DMA data transfers)

This is a slimline CD-ROM drive, the kind you see in notebooks, but it's
also used by some big PowerEdge servers.

Regards,
Thomas