Subject: matlab stopped working between 1.6ZH and 2.0C
To: None <,>
From: Mark Davies <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2004 10:35:37
We have been successfully using matlab under linux emulation with various
instances of -current, most recently 1.6ZH, including using the java based
gui front end.

The following script is our "matlab" command:

ulimit -s 32768
ulimit -d 1048576
MATLAB_JAVA=/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.3.1 export MATLAB_JAVA
exec /vol/matlab/bin/matlab $*

However on upgrading to 2.0C matlab now puts up the splash screen then
immediately segfaults.  If we invoke matlab without the java (matlab -nojvm)
it works (minimally tested) so it looks like its something to do with the
java but other java-1.3.1 based things are working fine.

Any suggestions on the problem/ what changed / how to track it down?