Subject: Re: Looking for uplcom users/testers
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/12/2004 11:08:52

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:39:06AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Folks, I need someone to test a patch agains uplcom on a device that
> is *not* PL2303 based, like all mine seem to be:

from uplcom(4):

 uplcom - USB support for Prolific PL-2303 serial adapters driver

or am i missing something obvious?

> uplcom0: vendor 0x067b product 0x2303, rev 1.10/2.02, addr 2 (in more
> verbose kernels this would be: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial
> adapter)
> I'd like to have a kernel patch tested that affects the way flow/line
> controll settings are made on this devices, so you would need a way to
> verify DTR and CTS/RTS works. Background: this settings never worked
> for PL2303 based devices, or only by pure chance [correct settings at
> power-up].  I have changes to make them work, but I don't want to
> break other uplcom devices when doing so.

i regularly use Sony Ericsson DCU-11 cable, which _is_ PL2303 based, but
i can test patches if you want.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)