Subject: Re: 80211 network kernel panics on "mediaopt hostap"?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2004 16:23:06
On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 06:14:17PM +0200, cube@cubidou.net wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:04:14PM +0000, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
> > On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 08:55:45AM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
> >
> > update people. talked with fxkennedy of this
> > and he gave me the following patch. i have built
> > a new 2.0E kernel and i booted without the panic.
> >
> > please apply and check :
>
> Actually, just update sys/net80211/ieee80211_ioctl.c to revision
> 1.10.
>
> David, we should be checking for return values in those places,
> just as ether_ioctl() does.  I don't want to intrude too much into
> code that is shared with FreeBSD, so I prefer letting you handle
> it.

Actually, NetBSD and FreeBSD have completely different ieee80211_ioctl
routines.  Somebody in FreeBSD diddled with ours (an easy mistake to
make), and somehow I overlooked the diff.

Anyway, I had not seen this bug myself because my null mounts of the
imported sources went away a few days ago, but I did not notice until
today.  I'm sorry for telling people that I could not reproduce the bug!

I am dedicating the next few days to working on ath/net80211.

Dave