Subject: Re: can't build current - gcc fails
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/2004 12:26:56
* Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> [0423 12:23]:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 11:38:29AM +0100, Dick Davies wrote:
> >
> > I'm about to try bumping a 1.6 box to current. I'ts the first
> > build I've applied to it since September, so I thought I'd try
> > a test build from the same sources on my laptop first.
> >
> > The kernel built fine - there are some sysctl errors during
> > boot, but I expected those and there's nothing too terminal -
> > but the build fails during gcc. I built the tools fresh today,
> > so it's a bit wierd. Anyone know what I've missed ?
>
> What does
>
> /usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config.guess
>
> give you? (& uname -a ?)

root@dozer:src$ cat /usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config.guess
#!/bin/sh
# Use the top-level config.guess so that we don't have two of them.
guesssys=`echo $0 | sed 's|config.guess|../config.guess|'`
exec ${guesssys} "$@"
root@dozer:src$ /usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config.guess
unknown-unknown-netbsd2.0E
root@dozer:src$ uname -a
NetBSD dozer 2.0E NetBSD 2.0E (DOZER) #1: Thu Apr 29 09:47:25 BST 2004  \
rasputin@dozer:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/DOZER
root@dozer:src$

--
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America.  If I'm not there, I go to work.