Subject: Re: OpenOffice (maybe off-topic)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2004 11:18:27
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 01:55:57PM +0200, Michael Rauch wrote:
> > The empty quote is probably a bad indication that OO is getting locale
> > information wrong (the message is printed by OO's libvcl645li.so).  It
> > seems to me that is be some problem with our Linux emulation libraries.
>
> according to setlocale(3) (the function called before this message), an
> empty string means "get the locale from the environment variable", in this
> case LC_ALL.

I tried changing LC_* and LANG{,UAGE} env vars, with no success.
Actually, with everything set to the default empty value, this
message is not printed.

> > By the way, how close are we from getting native OpenOffice (and Java)
> > for NetBSD?

s/from/to/

> Me writing another mail ... ;-)

This far?! :)

If we're close, it would be nice if 2.0 shipped those.

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.