Subject: smbfs and encrypted passwords
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2004 17:05:11
Hi,

does smbfs in -current support encrypted passwords? I tried it a while back
quickly, but couldn't get it to work at all.

I have a samba 2.2 server with "domain logons = yes" and
"encrypt passwords = yes". I tried giving the password to smbfs as is
and I tried to steal the encrypted pwd from the server and supplied that
for smbfs. Neither worked. I don't recall the error message at the moment,
but I can try building a kernel with smbfs and netsmb again and try.

But is it supposed to work at all, or was I just doing something wrong?

--
Arto Huusko