Subject: Re: statfs->statvfs troubles.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20040423T215826@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2004 22:21:09
wsimpson@greendragon.com (William Allen Simpson) writes:
> Juan RP wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, src/UPDATING was updated finally:
> >
> > 20040418:
> >         Statfs(2) and friends have been replaced with statvfs(2). Before
> >         installing a newly build userland make sure that you are running
> >         a newly built kernel with COMPAT_20 set. In addition your libc
> >         build might not work (undefined SYS_statfs symbol) because make
> >         clean does not know how to remove files it does not know about
> >         anymore. Manually remove all objects from the libc build directory.
> >
> Didn't work for me.  I manually removed all libraries (everything!):
> # rm -rf /usr/obj/destdir.i386/lib

The files that need removing are in the /usr/src/obj/lib build
directories not in the /usr/obj/destdir.i386/lib first-stage install
directory.  If you run a

        find  /usr/src/obj/lib -type -f -mtime +1 -ls

you'll see the villains pop up.  Removing those files did get the
build to pass that stage for me.  (Although other -current problems
today prevented a successful build of "./build.sh -U tools
kernel=WSRCC_ATHLON distribution" for me.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/