Subject: Re: statfs->statvfs troubles.
To: None <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/2004 14:24:09

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:17:47 +0200
Juan RP <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was trying to update the userland of my NetBSD-2.0D system, but the build
> process always fails here:
> #      link  cu/cu
> /home/juan/build/tools/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc -Wl,-nostdlib     -o cu
> -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/juan/build/destdir/lib:/home/juan/build/destdir/usr/lib
> -L/home/juan/build/destdir/lib  -B/home/juan/build/destdir/usr/lib/
> -B/home/juan/build/destdir/usr/lib/   cu.o prot.o log.o chat.o conn.o copy.o
> /home/juan/build/obj/gnu/libexec/uucp/libunix/libunix.a
> /home/juan/build/obj/gnu/libexec/uucp/libuuconf/libuuconf.a
> /home/juan/build/obj/gnu/libexec/uucp/libuucp/libuucp.a
> -L/home/juan/build/destdir/usr/lib
> -L/home/juan/build/destdir/usr/lib/home/juan/build/destdir/lib/
> undefined reference to `getfsstat'/home/juan/build/destdir/lib/
> undefined reference to `SYS_statfs' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> I don't have any idea about this... the kernel was built with COMPAT_20.
> DESTDIR was cleaned up before starting
> Could you please tell me what's wrong? thanks.

Hmm, src/UPDATING was updated finally:

        Statfs(2) and friends have been replaced with statvfs(2). Before
        installing a newly build userland make sure that you are running
        a newly built kernel with COMPAT_20 set. In addition your libc
        build might not work (undefined SYS_statfs symbol) because make
        clean does not know how to remove files it does not know about
        anymore. Manually remove all objects from the libc build directory.

I'll try that...

	Juan RP <>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)