Subject: Re: ath driver support the AR5001X+, experience of NetBSD on an IBM X31 laptop..
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Bert Kiers <kiers@original.xs4all.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2004 13:52:30
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:12:30PM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

> > > I have a ThinkPad X31 with mini-PCI ath integrated.
> > > When I enabled ath support in the kernel, it is recognized, but
> > > ifconfig ath0 up didn't work.
> >
> > 	I also have X31 with Atheros a/b/g card (sorry forgot the part #).
> > 	it is working just fine.  i'm not using ACPI.
>
> 	the card i'm using is IBM product ID 31P9702.

Yep, that's the Japanese part number for the Athereos 802.11[abg] as an
option (built-in when you buy it).

European option part number: 31P9701

Japanese spare part (when bough separately) part number: 31P9102

European spare part number: 31P9101

Numbers are identical for X31 and T41. The option and the spare part
are physically the same item. (This all if I interpret the IBM web
site correctly.)

--
Bert Kiers, !MCSE && 0xFF, frique d'ordinateur