Subject: NFS, NFS+vnd
To: None <>
From: Piotr Stolc <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2004 18:37:26

I'm experimenting with NFS and diskless NetBSD.
Currently NFS server is NetBSD 1.6.1 i386 and the client i386 1.6ZK.
I've got a few questions and problems:

1. I can't mount NFS when I set -ro or -maproot=nobody:nobody in

this works ok:
/home/exports/usr -maproot=0:0 socrtp

and this not:
/home/exports/usr -maproot=0:0,-ro socrtp
/home/exports/usr -maproot=nobody:nobody socrtp

mount_nfs: can't access /home/exports/usr: Permission denied

what should I do to export /usr readonly ?

2. I want to configure file on NFS as a vnode using vnconfig. everything
works ok, but when I do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/vnd0d then the system
slows down/hangs and the soze of mounted to vnd0 file grows! Is it a bug?

Generally I want to combine cgd with vnd to create FFS in encrypted file on
NFS and this combination works but I don't know if solution like this is
secure and stable.