Subject: Re: pkg GConf fails to install some files
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2004 17:13:15
On Sun 11 Apr 2004 at 23:58:57 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> I did notice that when I started my building activity, xpkgwedge was
> built. I remembered reading something about that (it becoming default).
> Could that explain matters?

Responding on my own post (expanded to include tech-pkg): It seems
likely that xpkgwedge has something to do with it. Upon further
research, I note that
/tmp/devel/GConf/work.alpha/.buildlink/.gtk_buildlink_done contains:

    /usr/pkg/include/gdk/*: not found
    /usr/pkg/include/gtk/*: not found
    /usr/pkg/include/gtk-1*/*/*: not found
    /usr/pkg/lib/libgdk.*: not found
    /usr/pkg/lib/libgtk.*: not found

which makes sense because those files are not there, they are under
/usr/X11R6.

Why change things on a user's system so that he cannot build any further
packages that depend on stuff that was installed in /usr/X11R6?

I strongly agree that packages never should have installed anything
there, but while fixing the problem it would be nice not to make things
worse in the mean time.

Changing one line in x11/gtk/buildlink2.mk seems to "fix" things:

    BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gtk_DEFAULT=  ${X11PREFIX}

    BUILDLINK_PREFIX.gtk_DEFAULT=   ${X11BASE}

but that is hardly a real solution I suppose.

So, what to do?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.