Subject: Re: ath driver support the AR5001X+, experience of NetBSD on an
To: None <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Takayoshi Kochi <kochi@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/2004 23:29:23
Hi,

> According to the atheros website, the IBM product range seems to use the AR5001X+
> as the chipset for its a/b/g minicard. (its not entirely clear this is true for
> all products, the T41p and R50 are listed, so it seems reasonable for the X31 too)
>
> Is this supported by the ath (4) driver?

I have a ThinkPad X31 with mini-PCI ath integrated.
When I enabled ath support in the kernel, it is recognized, but
ifconfig ath0 up didn't work.

As I didn't have much motivation to use wireless LAN, I didn't dig it
further.  Perhaps there might be a trick to enable it.

> If anybody has current experience on an IBM X31 I'd love to know. From reading
> around, I can expect APM/ACPI issues with shutdown/startup.

ACPI shutdown/startup shouldn't have any problem.
Although suspend/hibernation/resume doesn't work (not even implemented yet).

Takayoshi Kochi