Subject: Re: Problem Making Abiword
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2004 21:18:03
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:54:02 -0600
> Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

>>Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>>
>>>The problem is that you updated glib2 and gtk2 to their 2.4.0 version _without_
>>>rebuilding _everything_ that used them (i.e., did you use 'make replace'?).
>>>A 'make update' from glib2 should solve your problems, though it may take a
>>>while if you have lots of packages that depend on it...
>>>
>>>HTH
>>
>>   Oops.  I reported erroneously on where the errors occured. They
>>occured when I tried to *run* abiword.
>

> Yes.  That kind of problems can appear when you _run_ a program.
>

>>   Did abiword make and install without the error on your system?
>>gtk2 and glib2 were cleaned here (along with all depends), and the
>>make update is done.  The problem is still happening.
>

> So you need to check which library contains the dependency on the old version.
>
> 	$ cd /usr/pkg/lib ; ldd *.so | less
> 	Hit /libglib-2.0.so.200 to search for it.
>
> You should get something; let us know which is the library failing (because
> it might be missing a dependency or something, and therefore was not rebuilt
> during 'make update')...

   Here are the relevant parts of the search. Notice that after
doing the CVS update, a third link required by abiword is in error
(libexpat.so.4).  I omit the good ones for the purpose of clarity
(along with many repeats of the bad ones in single files) and only
show the bad ones. Is this adequate information?

libenchant.so:
	 -lgmodule-2.0.200 => not found
	 -lglib-2.0.200 => not found

libwv.so:
	 -lglib-2.0.200 => not found

libXft.so:
	 -lexpat.4 => not found

libbonoboui-2.so:
	 -lexpat.4 => not found

[Me: There was not only one but many occurrences of the same
("-lexpat.4 => not found") found in libbonoboui-2.so and most
of the following.]

libfontconfig.so:
	 -lexpat.4 => not found

libgdk-x11-2.0.so: