Subject: Re: Problem Making Abiword
To: Art Lemasters <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2004 21:37:30
The problem is that you updated glib2 and gtk2 to their 2.4.0 version _without_
rebuilding _everything_ that used them (i.e., did you use 'make replace'?).
A 'make update' from glib2 should solve your problems, though it may take a
while if you have lots of packages that depend on it...

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 06:19:58 -0600
Art Lemasters <> wrote:

>    An abiword make from pkgsrc in current, stopped while looking
> for and not finding /usr/pkg/lib/
> I made a symlink from that to
> Then the make stopped again while looking for
> I also symlinked that to the 400 version of the file.
>    ...don't know if the symlinks will make it work properly (or
> even whether those are proper temporary fixes), but it works.
> Is this a bug, and will a future CVS update write any needed
> symlinks and/or wipe mine if needed?
>    And BTW, abiword has had another problem for some time. While
> attempting to save an .abw or .doc file as an XHTML file, it
> only exports part of the XHTML file and hangs, running the CPU
> usage up into the high 90s.  I suspect that this second bug is
> an upstream issue but thought it might be worth a mention here,
> just in case.
> Art

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -