Subject: Problem Making Abiword
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Art Lemasters <slemas1@mindspring.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2004 06:19:58
   An abiword make from pkgsrc in current, stopped while looking
for and not finding /usr/pkg/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.200

I made a symlink from that to libgmodule-2.0.so.400.0

Then the make stopped again while looking for libglib-2.0.so.200
I also symlinked that to the 400 version of the file.

   ...don't know if the symlinks will make it work properly (or
even whether those are proper temporary fixes), but it works.
Is this a bug, and will a future CVS update write any needed
symlinks and/or wipe mine if needed?

   And BTW, abiword has had another problem for some time. While
attempting to save an .abw or .doc file as an XHTML file, it
only exports part of the XHTML file and hangs, running the CPU
usage up into the high 90s.  I suspect that this second bug is
an upstream issue but thought it might be worth a mention here,
just in case.

Art