Subject: Sysinst still switching to cooked mode
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2004 16:57:28
I don't know for how many versions of sysinst this has been going on
now, but still sysinst changes the terminal from raw to cooked mode
partway through the install. Unless one is aware of how raw and cooked
mode work, one will not be able to circumvent the problem and proceed.

Perhaps this only happens with serial consoles: I had it happen on Alpha
(just now) and VAX, but (so far) never on i386.

Another thing: if you're doing a custom upgrade, it would be nice if
/etc is *not* enabled by default. I often do "custom" installs of
software, just to have a quick look at what's included and what not,
without actually changing any settings. That bit me this time: I should
have disabled upgrading of /etc.`

Another another thing: I forgot to back up my X settings files. They
have just been wiped out, I notice. Not Nice(tm).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.