Subject: Re: does IPF/IPNat work on -current/i386?
To: Sean Davis <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2004 13:40:24
In message <>, Sean Davis writes:
>I remember reading about IPF/IPNat causing panics on boot for some people...
>and not for others... I'm running -current/i386 back from 1.6ZK, I wish to
>upgrade to -current, but I need ipf and ipnat to work. Does anybody know if
>the new ipf 4.1.1 problems have been fixed yet? (feel free to point me at
>the appropriate archive if this has been answered before...)

As far as I know, the problems have not been fixed.  I've turned off
ipfilter on my 2.0beta machine -- and had to turn off several services
I'd rather were on -- while waiting for a statement that the
problem has been fixed.  I've held off upgrading other machines from
1.6K to 2.0beta until this is cleared up.

		--Steve Bellovin,