Subject: Apache doesn't start with mod_perl
To: -current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2004 16:56:42
--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

I installed www/ap-perl and www/ap-Embperl to use Embperl with my
Apache/1.3.29 (Unix).

As suggested by ap-perl Install notice I added:

LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/mod_perl.so
<Files ~ "\.pl$">
	PerlHandler         Apache::Registry
	PerlSendHeader      On
	SetHandler          perl-script
	Options             +ExecCGI
</Files>

to my httpd.conf
After shutting down the server and starting it again I found no httpd
running. I got no errormessage and apachectl configtest
says: Syntax OK. After removing the mod_perl statements I can start
httpd w/o problems, but of course w/o mod_perl.

After each unsuccesful start of apache I find a new empty file like=20
/var/run//httpd.mm.10985.sem where the number (PID?) varies.=20

--=20
((d)/([t\+]h)[3ea4@]\s+p[ll][a4@]n[3e][t\+]/i

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--