Subject: Re: SMP vs ahc SCSI
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2004 16:29:18
Peter Eisch wrote:

>Hey, it's not just me then!
>

>>Can anyone shed any light on what's going on here?  Is this a firmware bug?
>>Bad interaction between ahc0 and SMP?  Something else?
>>

>I'm seeing this too.  My controller is the AIC-7880 though and mine is a HP
>Vectra XW dual Ppro/200.
>
>I actually just loaded this guy with a clean top-o-tree build from just
>before the ipfilter changes (1.6ZL of 24 March) so I could capture a trace
>of the issue.
>
>I can build, prod and poke different builds quite easily if anyone has code
>to test...

I have two Intel SRMK2 servers running GENERIC.MP with onboard aic7899.
I am not
having any problems with a single drive attached.

mainbus0 (root)
mainbus0: Intel MP Specification (Version 1.4) (INTEL    CNB30LE     )
ahc1 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter
ahc1: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 8 (irq 3)
ahc1: aic7899: Ultra160 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs
scsibus0 at ahc1: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
ahc2 at pci1 dev 4 function 1: Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter
ahc2: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 9 (irq 9)
ahc2: aic7899: Ultra160 Wide Channel B, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs
scsibus1 at ahc2: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

One is running 2.0_BETA from today, the other is running 2.0B from today.

-Andrew