Subject: Re: rsync service will move from to
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2004 18:40:18
[ On Monday, March 29, 2004 at 20:29:19 (-0500), Thor Lancelot Simon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: rsync service will move from to
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 07:55:13PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >
> > What's going to happen to the hostname ""?
> Nothing.  The FTP server will continue to provide rsync service for other
> modules.

Ah, OK...

> Unfortunately, as I pointed out, we can't do so, for rather complicated
> operational reasons to do with the environment on the anoncvs server.

OK, oh well....  we shall adjust!  ;-)

> Luckily, the module name is not the same, either, so users cannot, for
> instance, accidentally re-fetch all the data or delete everything they
> already have.

Ah, yes, of course (though I wouldn't want to bet on the latter (no
delete) for some older versions of the common rsync client)!  Thanks for
the clue!

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>