Subject: Re: SMP vs ahc SCSI
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/2004 17:20:31
> mainbus0: Intel MP Specification (Version 1.1) (HP       XX          )

        Is there a BIOS update or setting that possibly includes MP spec
1.4?

> mpbios: bus 1 is type ISA
> mpbios: bus 0 is type PCI
> ioapic0 at mainbus0 apid 16 (I/O APIC)
> ioapic0: pa 0xfec00000, version 11, 16 pins
> ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 0
> ioapic0: can't remap to apid 16

	That should say remapped to apic 2, though my Dual ppro board has
a 24 pin APIC so it may behave differently. There are some boards where
the MPBIOS tables are just flat out wrong, hopefully that isn't the case
here. I'll upgrade my machine to the latest snapshot. Unfortunately it has
a 53C875, not an Adaptec controller.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.