Subject: Re: file system conversion?
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2004 22:37:09
On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 01:22:47PM -0500, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> I remember doing some superblock conversion on -current; I didn't do
> anything like that when I upgrade my laptop from 1.6.2 to 2.0beta.  But
> I'm seeing this message during the boot process:
>
> 	/: correcting fs_sblockloc from 0 to 8192
>
> I don't see any such message for /usr.  What, if anything, is wrong,
> and what, if anything, should I do?

That one is probably caused by the fs_sblockloc field being zero
even though FS_FLAGS_UPDATED is set.
That probably beins the filesystem is ok, but some programs that play
'hunt the superblock' may fail to find it.

fsck (with approprieat options) might fix it....

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk